Tuesday 30 September 2014

Holiday time is over...

While I was in Adelaide I applied for a few different jobs on gumtree, and had a call back from two different places very quickly while I was away. One call was from a busy cafe in the CBD (central business district) and after a 15 minute chat on the phone he invited me in for a chat on Tuesday. So after my flight which was only delayed for a short time, meeting back up with Sophie, and a spot of lunch, I headed to go and speak with the manager. It seemed to go well and he invited me for a trial shift the following day! 
My shift seemed to go well and everyone seemed really friendly and helpful. The cafe is under renovation and only currently running as a take out service, but a new espresso bar is being built along with a larger seated cafe area with waitress service, and is due to be finished mid October. I took a walk around darling harbour as i finished my shift around 4pm. Later that night the four of us walked down to the opera house again, just because... Well because we could!
So it seemed to have been a positive day, but we all desperately still wanted to get out of hostels and find somewhere to live! 
Thursday 25th
The next morning when I woke up, I logged straight back on to good old gumtre and I spotted a three bedroom apartment in a district called coogee, 20 minutes from the city and right next to the beach!! It had only been listed on the website for about 20 minutes so I tried to get in touch straight away. When I finished work I had still heard nothing back, so I called again. A guy answered and said we could arrange a viewing for tomorrow! However me, Sophie and Sean were all in work, so it was down to johnny to go and check it out! 
On the Friday we all went off to work hoping that this place might just be what we were looking for! Johnny seemed to think the location was great, the rooms were basic but fairly spacious, and the price was reasonable, so we agreed to give the go ahead and put a deposit down to secure the apartment!
That night we treated ourselves and went out for tea to Nandos and had a night out to celebrate our new jobs and
new home!!! Everything seemed to have sorted itself out so quickly!! We were told that on Monday, we could move in! 🌅🚪🔑

No comments:

Post a Comment